Do you need Band 7 or over in IELTS for your chosen career?
Have you taken IELTS and didn’t get your required band score and want to know why?
Maybe you just want to know your current level and how long it will take you to achieve your required score!
At Derby Language School, our extensive knowledge of IELTS has given us the insight needed to fine-tune your skills, and our tried and tested methods have been designed to pinpoint exactly where the ‘point scoring’ areas in the IELTS tasks are and how to achieve them. We can identify your weaknesses and eliminate them while improving your strengths.
If you are looking to take IELTS for the first time or looking to improve on your current band score, Derby Language School can help you achieve your goal. We can provide small group or one-to-one classes to suit your needs. If you are weak in a particular skill, we can quickly asses this and tailor a program to address this problem.
Like all of our classes, we are available during regular working hours or in the evenings, so the classes can fit around your daily work schedule.
1 to 1 IELTS Tuition
We offer 1 to 1 IELTS tuition for students who are looking to meet with our IELTS expert by themselves. This is really helpful for students to work on their specific weaknesses. The tutor will tailor the course around your needs so that you can improve as quickly as possible.
IELTS Intensive ‘’Masterclass at Derby Language School – 2019
This intensive 30-hour course is completed over two weeks and is specifically designed to inform, instruct and improve the performance of future candidates in all aspects of the world’s most internationally recognized English Examination, IELTS. The course has been developed to benefit first time test-takers and those looking to improve on previous band scores.
|Days||Monday to Friday|
|Times||9am to 12pm|
|Location||Derby Language School, St. Chads Road, Derby|
|Price||£300 (payments to be made in advance)|
|Instructor||Adam Sainty (Experienced IELTS instructor)|
- The limited number of places ensures each candidate gets more personal attention. (min 3 – max 7).
- A brief assessment will be given prior to registration acceptance to guarantee the suitability of the candidate. (writing and short interview)
- The course will address all of the four skills, and the candidates will be:
- Listening – introduced to the test layout, taught specific techniques to deal with the different types of listening questions, and given practice and feedback with original IELTS test questions.
- Reading – taught the specific skills needed to tackle all the different types of questions, instructed in the efficiency of time management, and given practice and feedback with original IELTS test questions.
- Writing – instructed on how to approach the different types of Task 1 or 2 that may be encountered in the test, continually assessed in areas of grammar and vocabulary production with improvement guidance, and assigned practice essays that will be assessed with feedback.
- Speaking – introduced to the test structure, trained in how to tackle different subject questions, instructed on vocabulary improvement including idiomatic style expressions, given many opportunities to practice original test questions with other candidates and the instructor, and continually assessed and given individual feedback.
- A full practice IELTS Test is performed at the end of the course with predicted band scores.
So, if you are thinking about IELTS and want some in-depth knowledge or you are looking to improve specific skills, contact the centre and arrange a suitability test.